Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I'm at the breathing stage right now


 


Have you ever had one of those days when you have 3 different doctors with 3 different opinions and a therapy team (with a united front) pushing for something totally different as far as treatment and care? I am having one of those days and I am frustrated and I want to pull my hair out. I realized with our EoE diagnosis that she won't outgrow this. Now I talked to another GI looking for a second opinion who is asking why the heck she has not been tested for gastric emptying issue. I had her at pediatrician today who said we just have to ride it out but how do you explain to your 4 year old that this is the result of yet another food she is loosing? I just want my baby to feel better and as quick as possible.


She is on tons of meds regularly and tonight is swollen and in pain as she is aspirating reflux and reflux is coming out of her nose! She is laying in her bed just moaning in pain.  Nana ran out for emergency popsicles.  I am so frustrated. We gave up everything for her.....and I'd do it all again for her in a heartbeat. She's worth more than anything to us. Sometimes reality and confirmation of things we've thought is hard. J is the same kid he was last night when I was rubbing her back while watching Doc McStuffins. Nothing has changed but now we know that there are some things she won't grow out of....something's that we may have to face in the future that might be a bit different than we thought .... sometimes as a parent of a very special needs child you just have to take a breath, put it all back in God's hands and then go on.... I'm at the breathing stage right now......

3 comments:

  1. May God grant his Healing and Wisdom to you and your sweet girl in extra measure!
    Love, Auntie Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for wisdom and God's healing for little Grace. I pray that you will clearly hear God's voice as only He can guide you in what is best. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, this is Katiebug from carolyn's boards, and my nephew has EoE. The steroids have helped tremendously (along with getting off dairy, the food he was most allergic to). It took some time, but he is so, so much better. He used to vomit very frequently, and that is so much better. I am optimistic that the steroids will really help Geace, too.

    ReplyDelete