Sunday, February 1, 2015

Day 5 and Day 6

My phone had a complete malfunction and died on Tuesday night. It was awful and bring stuck in the hospital and without my phone it was not fun. I may or may not have told 827 I felt like I was imprisoned. LOL. With Best Buy I was going to have to send it off and be without a phone for 7-10 days. Thankfully 827 spent his Saturday evening at the Apple Store. They replaced my phone for free (thank the Lord!) and I am back in business.

Miss Grace had a busy Saturday. She just had 5 therapy sessions as opposed to the weekday schedule of 8 therapy sessions and 30 minutes of hospital school with DISD. We played a lot and the playroom was busy, busy, busy! I was ready to get settled for bed by 6:30. Thankfully Grace doesn't tell time. We were able to get on our jammies and settle in for a movie night in room. She picked Princess Diaries, which was a favorite with her big sisters, so that brought back a lot of memories for me.



This morning we were up at 6 am for vitals, meds and the doctor doing her rounds. She was early as she wanted to go to church, which I could appreciate, but man, 6 am on Sunday?! Miss Grace was anything but cooperative and I was ready for a Mama time out when she went to her first therapy at 7:30. When she came back we got her ready for today and did her stretches. We listened to our favorite song, You Make Me Brave by Amanda Cook. It helped us to refocus.



We tried to log in to watch our church online but hospital wifi blocked it. We were so sad. We decided to head to the Protastant service in the chapel. It was lead by a nice chaplain who is assigned to the children's hospital. It was a liturgical service and after about 15 minutes Grace said, "I miss my happy Avenue Church!" Needless to say we slipped out the back.



Thankfully Daddy arrived at lunch time and he was able to "convince" her to take her medicine and to cooperate. We had more therapy and did some painting in Child Life. Cowpoke, Grammy and Yank-Po arrived about 3:30 and  we had a good visit with them.



We ended our day with more therapy and a hot bath to relax her muscles. She has been working them hard and they are cramping a lot. She had no interest in the Super Bowl and was quite mad at me when I was telling her that the lady singing the National Anthem was the lady who sand Let It Go. She wanted her to look like Elsa.



Speaking of, we are about to pop FROZEN in the laptop and have a quiet evening after meds at 7 pm. Thanks for praying my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment